Mordidas | Bar Raro is located “behind the green door” in a simple house in a working class, non-tourist Puerto Vallarta colonia on the Rio Cuale. Dine or drink inside or outside on our open balcony that overlooks the river, associated taco stands and life on our cobble stone road. Colonia Buenos Aires is vibrant and active.
Sorry, we are not wheelchair accessible but we will spare no effort to accommodate your needs. There is one flight of stairs to the restaurant. If you really want to be here, no matter what your condition, we can help get you up.
The road we are on is the old route to Guadalajara. About a mile past our restaurant the road turns to dirt and continues that way for the better part of 5 hours to Talpa where it becomes paved again for rest of the trip to the Guadalajara. A short distance beyond us is the village of Paso Ancho with several small restaurants, the Rio Canopy ride and the high Sierra Madre mountains and jungle.
Manatial 375 (alta – upstairs)
Colonia Buenos Aires
- Easy and safe street parking.
- Easy taxi access (we have reliable taxis we will call when you are ready to leave).
- Easy bus access (the Paso Ancho R-04 bus takes you to or picks you up within a few meters of our door).
- Easy walking. It takes approximately a half hour from Los Muertos Beach. All flatland.
- Easy car access from the Puerto Vallarta Libramiento. Our road, Manantial, is left at the first stop light after the big tunel traveling south or right at the second stop light traveling north out of the small tunel.
- From Guadalajara, Go to Mascota, then to Talpa where you take the back road to Puerto Vallarta. Keep going until you see us.
Well behaved pets and kids are welcome.
We do not accept credit cards but we take US and Canadian currency at standard rates of exchange.
Smoking is permitted on our open balcony.
Free high speed WiFi.
Free phone calls to the US & Canada.