Mordidas is located “behind the green door” in a simple building in a working class, non-tourist Puerto Vallarta colonia on the Rio Cuale. Dine or drink in our casual bar and dining room or outside on our open-air second floor balcony that overlooks the river, associated taco stands and life on our cobble stone road. Colonia Buenos Aires is vibrant and active.
Google Maps is not very accurate here in Vallarta and the map shows us as being on La Rivera instead of on Manantial, where we really are. The map image is correct but the street names are not.
Sorry, we are not wheelchair accessible but we will spare no effort to accommodate your needs. There is one flight of stairs to the restaurant. If you really want to be here, no matter what your condition, we can help you.
Smoking is prohibited inside of the bar and is allowed outside on the balcony.
The cobblestone road that we are on is the original road between Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara. A few miles past our restaurant this road turns to dirt and continues that way for the better part of 5 hours to Talpa where it becomes paved again for rest of the trip to Mascota and Guadalajara. A short distance beyond us is the village of Paso Ancho with several other restaurants, the Rio Canopy Ride and the high Sierra Madre mountains and jungle.
In front of us is the Rio Cuale. Behind us is the steep mountainside of the jungle. Around us is basically a small Mexican town (Colonia Buenos Aires), legally and physically part of Puerto Vallarta but miles away in atmosphere and attitude.
Manantial 375A (arriba – upstairs behind the green gate)
Colonia Buenos Aires
- Easy taxi access (we have reliable taxis that we will call when you are ready to leave). A cab ride (for up to 4 people) to or from Centro or the Zona Romantica is usually 60 – 70 pesos.
- Convenient bus access (the Paso Ancho R-04 bus takes you to or picks you up within a few meters of our door). The bus fare is 7.5 pesos and the ride to/from town takes about 10 minutes. This bus runs from 6 am until about 10 pm. If you stay later, you can walk 2 blocks to the Libramiento and catch any bus almost all night.
- Easy walking. It takes approximately half an hour to walk to or from Los Muertos Beach. All flatland.
- Car access. Fast from the Puerto Vallarta Libramiento. Our road, Manantial, is left at the first stop light after the big tunnel traveling south – or right at the second stop light traveling north out of the small tunnel. Only minutes from Centro or Olas Altas.
- Street parking is now a bit restricted because the city recently closed off one side of the street to parking. On weekends the parking is usually easy.
- From Guadalajara, Go to Mascota, then to Talpa where you take the dirt road to Puerto Vallarta. Keep going until you see us.
Well behaved pets, kids and adults are welcome.
We do not accept credit cards but we take US and Canadian currency at standard rates of exchange.
Smoking is permitted on our open-air balcony.
Free secure, high speed WiFi.
Free phone calls to the US & Canada.