On Friday, December 7, Mordidas will host a private, informal, BYOB cheap red wine tasting. The object is sharing knowledge of and enthusiasm for the best of the inexpensive wines that can be purchased here in Puerto Vallarta. This is a blind tasting.
The rules are simple.
- We are limiting this tasting to 10 wines (up to 20 people).
- You must sign up to attend.
- Each couple or single must bring a bottle wine to share (under 150 pesos a bottle).
- Each bottle to be tasted should be delivered to Mordidas at least 3 days prior to the tasting so that it can be served at the proper temperature.
- Individual wine selections must be “approved” before the tasting (so that we do not have duplicates).
- Everyone will sample the wines and rate them on several scales.
- Mordidas will serve exquisite appetizers.
The party will begin at 7 pm here at Mordidas. There is no charge other than a bottle of wine to share. Each participant will receive approximately 1 ounce of each wine for the tasting. Appetizers will be served before the tasting and bread will be served for cleansing during the tasting. A light meal will be served following the tasting and we will compile the results. Mordidas is hosting this no-cost event strictly for scientific purposes …and for pleasure.
Wines: (subject to change until we list 10 wines)
- Spanish Tempranillo
- Vina Maipo – Chile – cabernet/sauv
- Los Mores – Malbec
- Mendoza region, Argentina – Malbec
- Chilensis – Carmenere
- Millaman – Chile – Merlot
- Concha y Toro – Chile – Carmenere
- French bread and assorted cheeses and olives (during the tasting)
- Lasagne and Garlic Bread
- Fresh Oysters
- Chocolate/Cherry Dessert
We ask for the type of wine you will bring to try to avoid duplication.