On Saturdays and Sundays, from 2 to 10 pm, Mordidas is part of the Colonia Buenos Aires scene.
This Colonia is very vibrant on weekends, alive with the sounds and sights of non-tourist Puerto Vallarta. The Rio Cuale, in front of Mordidas, is full of people enjoying the warm sun and cool waters. The waters of the Cuale are a refuge from the frantic hustles of the beach. Music is in the air and our road is very active with smiling and laughing faces, the faces you see on the days off from service.
Food is available, either from our developing menu or from our neighbors’ stands across the street:
- Laura, until around 3 pm Sunday or whenever she runs out, makes wonderful birria and menudo to help get you ready for the traditional second day of weekend fiesta. 50 pesos a liter (enough for 2-3 people).
- Rosa (Saturday evenings) makes very fine tacos and quesadillas. She offers 4 types of meat and many salsas.
- Jose (Saturday and Sunday) makes the best charcoal grill roasted chicken in town (70 pesos for a whole chicken with tortillas, ensalada and salsa).
- Martha (Saturday) sells an assortment of inexpensive snacks and elote. If you have never tried this maiz delight, this is the time.
- Martha (Sunday) serves an assortment of fresh ceviches and local culinary specialties. 12 to 20 pesos a tostada, depending on the type.
- Sarah, (Saturday and Sunday) our resident Southern Belle, makes dessert.
- We have fresh oysters (Saturday and Sunday) on the half shell or sometimes in various exotic and non-exotic presentations that depend upon the whims and energy of the chef. 10 pesos each, más o menos. The Mordidas Oyster Bar is open weekends from 2 to 10 pm with a full bar. We also have a non-oyster menu for those so inclined.
- Guest Chefs. Sometimes will host special guest chefs. Check the weekly listing to see…
Eat with us and feel free to bring in food from our neighbors.
Drink with us Our prices are low and we use quality alcohol for our mixed drinks. 15 pesos for ice cold cerveza and 25 pesos for mixed drinks.
Sunday is the day that I like to experiment with new recipes. The atmosphere is nothing like anything else in Vallarta. It’s nothing fancy or special. It’s just sitting on a balcony in a back road colonia in Puerto Vallarta and enjoying the scene.
We have easy bus and taxi access and we are about a 30 minute flatland walk from Los Muertos beach.
LOCATION / MAP
todo con mordida