We are temporarily closed from Friday, April 4, to Sunday, April 6.
Apparently what I had hoped might be a hangover is not. I was quick to suspect the Thursday night chapulines and tequila debauchery but Sarah ate no chapulines and she drank no tequila. Both she and I have some kind of bug, probably the stomach flu that is floating around town lately. We need to “drink fluids and rest” for a few days according to the doctor.
We will reopen next Friday, April 11, to resume or normal schedule.
Open 4 to 10 pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Closed Mondays to Thursdays (except for special events)
Half Price Drinks for Ladies on Sundays*
THIS WEEK’S DINNER SPECIAL:
MEATLOAF, MASHED POTATOES, GRAVY AND VEGGIES
Meatloaf with homemade, creamy mashed potatoes and our 3-pepper beef gravy.
Veggies on the side.
Oysters on the Half Shell
NOT available this week
Fresh, Raw, Salty & Sweet, from Boca de Camichin
6 for 50 pesos – 13 for 100 pesos
# 1 – Roasted in the half shell with herbs/spinach/cheese/Pernod
# 2 – Roasted in the half shell with herbs/onion/mushroom/cheese
4 for 50 pesos – 10 for 100 pesos (mix or match)
Pulled-Pork Chili with Cheese, on a Giant 1/4 lb, All-Beef Dog
Big Dog covered in Cheddar, Onions and our Spicy Pulled-Pork Chili. Coleslaw or Macaroni Salad side.
Spicy, Pulled-Pork Chili topped with Onions and Cheddar Cheese. Cornbread.
All Beef Bar Dog
A “Normal” Hot Dog with toppings of your choice.
Fresh Greens and Veggies with Homemade Ranch or Italian Dressing
Amish Macaroni Salad – Coleslaw
15 pesos each
FROM THE ‘HOOD
Our neighbors have some fine offerings at the food stands across the street. You won’t be disappointed.
Feel free to bring in their products to Mordidas:
- Jose’s Open grilled, charcoal BBQ Chicken – 70 pesos (whole), 36 pesos (half). With tortillas and salsa. Until 5 pm.
- Rosa’s Carne Asada, Tripa, Choriza or Adobo Tacos and Quesadillas (only on Friday & Saturday nights)
- Martha’s Elote, a corn, crema, lime, chili treat (the corn is delivered fresh from the farm every morning) or a cup of her Tejino (both only on Fridays & Saturdays).
- Martha’s Cevicheria – Fish, Shrimp or Pulpo Ceviche tostadas (only on Sundays)
* Does not apply to weekly specials.
* No sharing or takeout.
* You need be a “lady” in biology or by happenstance only.