Saturday, July 4th, this 2015, Mordida will be celebrating the US day of Independence from England. This day is also our personal anniversary of moving to Mexico and our independence from the US. On July 4, 2006, Sarah and I drove into Mexico with our 2 dogs and all of our earthly possessions for a new life here in Vallarta.
4th of July 10 peso booze (national drinks & cerveza) for all gringos.. No limits.
4th of July 10 peso booze (national drinks & cerveza) for all Mexicans because, of course, they are gracious enough to let us live here. No limits.
Any Englishman or woman will be charged double because, after all, their oppression was the original reason for this holiday and, generally, their attitudes, politics and demeanor have not changed.
Canadians and other nationalities will have to pay our normally low prices because they have nothing to do with this holiday, although they are generally quite fun to party with. We won’t gouge them like we do the English.
On second thought, all except the English get 10 peso national drinks & cerveza. No limits.
On third thought, most English people will be treated with respect and will receive the same discounts. Some limits.
The party begins at 5 pm. Feel free to come earlier, but if you do, we will only be able to serve you booze and pretzels because we’ll be prepping for the picnic.
SPECIAL SEMI-PATRIOTIC 95 peso ALL DAY BUFFET MENU:
This buffet is all-you-can-eat with the limitations that there is no sharing or to-go. Or you can buy food by the piece/dish.
- Southern Fried Chicken – 15 pesos a leg, 5 pesos a wing.
- Steamed Oysters (only with the buffet – limited supply so come early for these)
- All Beef Hot Dogs with all the fixin’s – 10 pesos
- Sweet Corn on the Cob (half cob) – 10 pesos
- Amish Potato Salad – 10 pesos
- Cowboy Beans – 10 pesos
- Sarah’s Homemade Apple Pie Crisp with ice cream – 20 pesos
- Chocolate/Cranberry/Walnut Brownies with ice cream – 20 pesos
- Assorted Surprise Finger Foods – free
- …and the most patriotic Jello shots that Sarah, the queen of expats, can concoct – free
SPECIAL SEMI-PATRIOTIC ACTIVITIES:
Not necessarily in this order…
Anyone who comes in an Uncle Sam costume gets everything free.
We will also have an Uncle Sam pinata filled with candy, condoms and viagra (generic).