On Friday, August 5, 2016, Mordidas will host a private, informal, BYOB cheap red wine tasting. The object is sharing knowledge of and enthusiasm for the best of the inexpensive wines that can be purchased here in Puerto Vallarta. This is a blind tasting.
The rules are simple.
- We are limiting this tasting to 10 wines (up to 20 people).
- You must sign up to attend.
- Each couple or single must bring a bottle of wine to share (purchased under 150 pesos a bottle from a local source).
- Each bottle to be tasted should be delivered to Mordidas or to Rick or Sarah personally the day before the tasting so that it can be served at the proper temperature.
- Individual wine selections must be “approved” before the tasting (so that we can avoid duplicates).
- Everyone will sample all of the wines and rate them on several scales.
- Mordidas will serve exquisite appetizers.
Gayle and Paul – Barefoot Merlot
Rick and Sarah – Arrogant Frog, Syrah, 2014
Jack and Diane – Las Moras, Black Label, Malbec, 2013
Klaus and Michele – Concha y Toro Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014
Becky and Lyle – Gato Negro Merlot
Andrea – Opera Prima Tempranillo 2014 (Spain)
Pegeen + 3 – Kirkland Malbec 2014 (Argentinea) & Here Be Dragons, Tormentoso caberbet sauvignon (South Africa)
Here are the results of a previous wine tasting:
The tasting will begin at 7 pm here at Mordidas. There is a cover charge of 75 pesos per person plus a bottle of wine to share (for each couple or every single). Each participant will receive approximately 1 ounce of each wine for the tasting. Appetizers will be served during the tasting. Following the tasting we will serve a light pasta and salad meal and we will compile the results. Mordidas is hosting this event strictly for scientific purposes.
Wines: (subject to change until we list 10 wines)
- Here we will list the wines that are being served
We ask for the type of wine you will bring to try to avoid duplication.
RESULTS OF A PREVIOUS MORDIDAS WINE TASTING: