¡ SHUCK IT !
The 1st annual Vallarta Oyster Festival / Ostionada will take place on Sunday, April 28, 2013, from 3 to 10 pm.
For centuries the lowly oyster has been a staple of the lower classes but we are now liberating it and giving it its long-deserved title of “King” / “Queen” of the Bay (The dual title because oysters are often hermaphrodites).
Everyone attending will be given a welcome gratis “Oyster Rim Shot” Oyster Shooter.
Are Oysters an aphrodisiac? Who knows? We will have a contest to determine whether the answer is science or mythology.
Pricing is à la carte (see the menu below) or 120 pesos for an all-you-can-eat day pass (drinks not included).
- Raw Oysters on the Half Shell (5) – 50 pesos
- Steamed Oysters (5) – 50 pesos
- Oysters Rockefeller (4) – 60 pesos
- Southern Fried Oysters (5) – 60 pesos
- Pennsylvania Dutch Oyster Pie – 50 pesos
- Cole Slaw – 15 pesos
Raw and Steamed Oysters are served with assorted salsas (Mignonette, Habanero, Cocktail, Limon…)
Plus French bread, crackers or chips.
- Cerveza: Corona or Pacifico – 13 pesos
- Cerveza: Corona Light, Modelo Negra, non-alcoholic beer – 20 pesos
- Wine – 35 pesos
- National drinks – 25 pesos
- Top Shelf – 35 pesos
- Vallarta Libre (A Raw Oyster Shooter made with a special mix) – 20 pesos